- I. Read the text “Little Stuart and the Snowball”.
Stuart, the mouse, lives in an American family. Every day he washes his hands and face, cleans his teeth, then he dresses and goes for a walk about the house. He sees Snowball, the cat.
“Now I want to do my morning exercises,” says Stuart to the Snowball.
“No, I don’t want it!”
“Why not? Let’s do exercises!”
“No, I don’t like it at all!”
“Oh, what about your teeth?” says Stuart.
“My teeth… They are OK. They are big and…”
“But they are not white… Go and clean them!”
Now Snowball is angry. He is coming to Stuart and the mouse can see the cat’s big teeth.
“Ha, ha! They look like big yellow bananas!”
Stuart isn’t afraid of Snowball.
- II. Put the sentences in the right order.
_____ Stuart tells Snowball to go and clean his teeth.
_____ Snowball is angry with Stuart.
_____ Stuart sees that Snowball teeth are not white.
_____ Stuart lives in an American family.
_____ Stuart wants to do exercises but Snowball doesn’t want it.
_____ Every morning Stuart dresses and goes for a walk about the house.
_____ Stuart sees Snowball.
- III. Cross the odd one out.
- Morning, yesterday, night, afternoon, evening
- Milk, tea, apple, coffee, juice
- Run, skip, walk, swim, sport
- Food, breakfast, dinner ,lunch, supper
- Have, see, come, play, go
- Sweet, cup, cookie, egg, porridge
- Dentist, engineer, worker, baby, driver
- IV. Spell the words.
Example: [frend] — friend
- [d u: s] — _________________
- [t i: ] — _________________
- [gla:s] — _________________
- [æpl] — _________________
- [swi:t] — _________________
- [k fi] — _________________
- [i:t] — _________________
- V. Complete sentences with the words.
|drink, eat, tea, dinner, evening, milk, glass|
- Don’t _____________ this banana. Can’t you see that it is green and very bad?
- It is nine o’clock in the _________________ .
- Do you like _______________ with milk?
- I usually ___________ a glass of orange juice in the morning.
- My sister always has coffee with ___________ for lunch.
- She doesn’t have porridge for _______________.
- My grandmother always has a ____________ of apple juice for breakfast.